Common mail bounces and their description
The response from the remote server was: 550 5.7.1 No such user! 1683454980-0NPfrE8P9Cg0-eRlBSO3h
Causes for a hard bounce:
- The recipient's email address does not exist.
- The recipient's email server blocked the delivery completely.
Soft bounceSoft Bounce - usually indicates a temporary problem with mail delivery.
Causes for a soft bounce:
- The mailbox is full.
- The mailbox is configured incorrectly.
- The mailbox is inactive.
- The recipient's email server is not available.
- Too many emails have been sent to the recipient's mail server in a certain period of time.
- The message is too big.
- The domain name does not exist.
- Post blocked due to content content.
- The message does not comply with the policy of the receiving server.
- The message does not meet the DMARC requirements for authentication.
- The message does not meet anti-spam requirements.
- The message does not meet antivirus requirements.
- E-mail cannot be transferred between mail servers.
- Email cannot be relayed for unknown reasons.
|Undetermined||Reply code could not be identified||Undetermined|
|Invalid Recipient||Recipient is invalid||Hard|
|Soft Bounce||The letter was rejected||Soft|
|DNS Failure||Message was returned due to a DNS error||Soft|
|Mailbox Full||The recipient's mailbox is full||Soft|
|Too Large||Message was rejected due to size||Soft|
|Timeout||Message timed out||Soft|
|Generic Bounce: No RCPT||Failed to determine message recipient||Hard|
|Generic Bounce||Message rejected for unknown reasons||Soft|
|Mail Block||Message has been blocked by recipient||Block|
|Spam Block||Your message was considered spam by the recipient||Block|
|Spam Content||Your message was considered spam by the recipient||Block|
|Prohibited Attachment||Message was rejected due to attachment||Block|